When I start a Google AdWords campaign, I will often have a handful of ad groups that focus on product names and author names, and then a big collection of keywords that focus very specifically on crisis keywords. While the name-keyed phrases are very valuable because you’re targeting people who are ready to buy, the crisis keywords are equally, if not more important because you’re targeting people with an urgent need that are willing to buy. They might be willing to buy multiple products and will be far more likely to act on impulse when they read your call to action, rather than continuing to shop around and research.
So, how do you snag crisis keywords that will help you pinpoint the best possible potential leads? Here are some tips.
• Ask Who Needs the Product – Always determine who needs the products you’re marketing most. For example, if you’re selling guides for how to remove acne, who do you think will need that guide immediately? A 25 year old interested in preventing acne in the future or an 18 year old who wants to get rid of acne before they start a new job? The latter will always be a better prospect because they have an immediate crisis that you can solve.
• Does the Phrase Solve the Problem? – The keyword phrases you choose need to be things the prospect would search for to solve the problem. For example, “acne tips” is not a good keyword because it could be searched for by anyone, including children and adults helping their children. However “get rid of acne now” or “remove acne in a week” are good because they are going to be written by people who need to act sooner than later.
• Can the Phrase Mean Anything Else? – Finally, ask yourself if the phrase can be interpreted as something else. This is especially important for pay per click advertising, where you don’t want to pay for a keyword when non-buyers will click. For example, if someone searches for “get rid of skin problems”, it seems like a crisis keyword, but in reality, it could be about anything. It could be related to dry skin, dandruff, rosacea, or a dozen other problems that your website does not relate to. You need to target only people who will be interested in what your articles and reviews can provide them.
Crisis keywords are important for every marketing campaign, whether you are using organic search engine optimization or PPC advertising. Just remember to pinpoint the problem your audience is having and adapt your keywords to match their needs.
Long Tail Keywords
There are two instances when you would want to look at long tail keywords. First, there is PPC advertising. With advertising, the more keywords you have, the better. That means you’ll want lists of several thousand keywords. The second is development of an authority site. You could write a dog training website with 10 pages of content, but if you want it to become an authority site, you would want to start specializing pages for breeds, such as “Labrador retriever food bowl aggression”. That’s a long tail keyword because you’ve added specific details to the basic term of “food bowl aggression” that can be changed depending on the several hundred dog breeds out there.
Finding long tails will require a bit of research, both on your own and with tools. If you don’t know a niche especially well, this will be extra important to ensure you don’t miss any potentially valuable keywords.
Other keywords that perform really well are buying keywords – terms people will use when they are ready to make a purchase. Product and author names are one example of this, as are any keywords that end with “review”. Other examples include buy, order, and purchase.
Another tool I like to use, which is a fantastic for getting inside the heads of the people you’re targeting, is a little basic forum research. Again, this is an incredibly simple strategy that too many affiliate marketers neglect because they’ve been told to move on and use more advanced tools. Why? On every forum you have the exact data you need to pinpoint what people are searching for, the industry terms you wouldn’t know unless you’re an expert, and the details you’ll need to start crafting your keyword lists.
People put their problems on forums, and even if you have a passing knowledge of a niche, you’ll never understand everything in it without digging deeper and learning what people’s problems are. Take a niche like World of Warcraft for example. This is a niche that has been highly successful in recent years. On the surface, it doesn’t seem like a traditional IM niche. It’s a game and most of the time, games don’t breed the urgency that you’d find in things like weight loss or dog training. However, this particular game is an online, socially motivated game where players are constantly competing with each other. Immediately, players are going to push themselves to work harder and faster and eventually want to get a cutting edge. Enter the info products on how to do everything better in the game.
If you’re an affiliate marketer, the odds are that you don’t have time to play a time consuming game like World of Warcraft. Yet, you may want to market the successful guides that come out of this niche. So, instead of spending hours playing the game to acclimate with it, you can spend just a few minutes scanning the forums of worldofwarcraft.com and learning that players want to know more about Horde and Alliance characters, how to make gold, how to level up, how to do better with their professions, etc. There are dozens of little details you can draw from here to create keyword lists.
Search this site
- Why you need to start an online business, TODAY
- Why Stash Invest is STILL a Little BS, and Why I’m OKAY with It
- When is the best time to email your subscribers _JFxOzPARF8o
- When is the best time to email your subscribers
- WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY ABOUT ME
- Weird stealthy pricing strategy can boost your sales immediately
- Website traffic strategy gets almost 1,000 visitors day for free
- Web Traffic Checklist 9 Things to do After you Publish Content
- Want MASSIVE success online Build an authority website
- Viral Traffic How Your Blog Can Get Millions Of Hits
- TRYING BETTERMENT INVESTING AGAIN! Why Not, Right
- Traffic Challenge Days 3 5 300 website hits from social media
- Traffic Challenge Day 2 How I Got An Extra 100 Visitors With Forum Marketing
- Traffic Challenge Day 1 Get Do Follow Backlinks & Organic Traffic
- The Stash Invest Portfolio After 5 Weeks!
- The Stash Invest Portfolio After 2 Months!
- The Joseph Sugarman Framework for High Converting Sales Pages
- The fastest way to build your email list for free A lesson from Ray Edwards_iXvbhAHGk20
- The fastest way to build your email list for free A lesson from Ray Edwards
- The Blog Traffic Challenge Get More Blog Traffic (Hopefully)
- The bandwagon effect
- Supercharge Your Blog Post With NLP
- Stash Invest Vs. Acorns Investing TRUE TRIAL After 1 Week!
- Stash Invest Vs. Acorns (AUSTRALIA) WHICH HAS LOWER FEES
- Stash Invest IS NOT BS! An Updated Opinion
- Stash Invest HIGH PERFORMANCE Portfolio After 2 WEEKS!
- Stash Invest Experimental Portfolio After 1 Week!
- Stash Invest App Can you Make money using Stash Invest
- Stash Invest Account Update! Starting from Scratch
- Stash Invest Account After 7 Weeks!
- Stash Invest Account after 6 Weeks!
- Stash Invest Account 3 Week Update! Compared to the S&P 500
- Stash Invest WHY YOU MUST SCREEN FOR THE BEST ETFS!
- Shortcut to building trust with your customers
- Robinhood Vs. M1 Finance Which is better
- Robinhood App Vs. M1 Finance Which is Better
- Robinhood App Vs. EVERY OTHER INVESTMENT APP!
- Robinhood App My Portfolio Earning $30 Per Week! Future Portfolio Plans
- Robinhood App Earning ~$15 Per Week My Current Portfolio!
- Robinhood App Dividend Paying Stocks vs. Long Term Growth!
- Revisiting iBillionaire! Starting to Use the App Again
- REDUCING CRAZY STOCK MARKET RISK (How To Diversify With Dividend Stocks)
- QUICK Conversion Formula John Carlton’s Secret Recipe to Grab Instant Attention and Interest
- Part 9 Unlimited blog post ideas
- Part 8 How to sell digital products
- Part 7 How To Make Quick Sales With Tripwire Products
- Part 6 How to make an online course
- Part 5 Run your email list on autopilot
- Part 4 How to make a squeeze page
- Part 3 Make a Quick Lead Magnet to Build your List
- Part 11 Smart Email Campaigns Dynamic Behavioral Response
- Part 10 How to approach affiliates to promote your product
- Part 1 How to monetize your website
- Newbie Affiliate Marketing Blueprint
- Neil Charles Testimonial For Jeremiahs Consulting
- My Stash Invest MAX PROFITABILITY Portfolio After 3 WEEKS!
- My Stash Invest MAX PROFIT Portfolio After 3.5 Months!
- My Stash Invest Max Profit Portfolio After 15 Weeks What do you want to see next
- My Stash Invest MAX PROFIT Portfolio After 13 Weeks!
- My Stash Invest MAX PROFIT Portfolio After 1 Month!
- My Investment Portfolio Vs. The S&P 500
- My DIVIDEND PORTFOLIO Stock Allocation Strategy (Investing For Dividends)
- My controversial secret for high converting sales copy_Elq1fMeZnKM
- My controversial secret for high converting sales copy
- My Betterment Account after 1 MONTH!
- My Acorns Portfolio After 15 Weeks Future Suggestions for the Account
- My Acorns Highly Aggressive Portfolio After 3.5 Months!
- My Acorns Aggressive Portfolio After 7 Weeks!
- My Acorns AGGRESSIVE Portfolio After 5 Weeks!
- My Acorns Aggressive Portfolio After 2 MONTHS!
- My Acorns Aggressive Portfolio After 13 Weeks!
- My Acorns Account After Around 4 MONTHS!
- MY #3 FAVORITE STOCK OF ALL TIME (Nobody Guessed This Dividend Paying Stock)
- My #1 TIP for EARNING MORE with CRYPTOCURRENCY!
- My #1 Favorite Dividend Stock of All Time (If I Could Only Own 1 Dividend Stock)
- My #1 Embarrassing Life Challenge & How It Influenced My Dividend Investing Strategy
- M1 finance App Initial Impressions!
- M1 FINANCE APP FEES REDUCED! Now Free Under $1000
- M1 Finance App What Stocks can You Buy with M1 Finance
- M1 Finance App IS IT A SCAM
- Lesson 3 Building An Email List For Long Term Results Part 3
- Lesson 2 update 2 the Next Morning YouTube Ads CPA
- Lesson 2 Part 5 Setting Up The YouTube Channel Correctly
- lesson 2 Intro Of Setting Up An YouTube Paid Ad
- lesson 1 Part 3 Of Setting Up An YouTube Ad
- lesson 1 Part 2 Of Setting Up An YouTube Paid Ad
- IS STASH INVEST A SCAM (OUTDATED Check Desc. For Update!)
- INVESTING TAXES EXPLAINED Dividend Vs. Growth Investing
- Investing THE MOST PROFITABLE ETFs ON STASH INVEST!
- Investing Tesla Vs. Every Major Car Manufacturer Who Wins
- Investing My Portfolio Earning ~$5 Per Day! $7,200 Setup
- Investing My Portfolio Earning $20 a Month in Dividends!
- Investing HIGH dividends vs. low dividends Update!
- Investing Earning with Growth For the Investing Puritan!
- Investing Earning with $1000! Stock Portfolio Concept with FAANG ETFs
- Investing Earning with $10! Micro Cap Portfolio Idea
- Investing Earning money with Technology Stocks!
- Investing Earning $90 Per Week My Investment Portfolio!
- Investing Earning $73 Per Week My $14,000 Stock Portfolio!
- Investing Earning $60 Per Week My $13,000 Portfolio!