Landing Pages and Conversions
Alright, let’s move on to the next part of the formula we discussed earlier – your conversion rates. The key here is to get as high of a conversion rate as possible, boosting the sheer volume of people you can convince to buy your product when they hit your landing page. Over the years, Super Affiliates have tweaked, adjusted, and revised the systems they use to snag these conversions in so many ways that there are literally hundreds of ways out there to get it right. We’re just going to look at a handful of them for now, though.
An Affiliate Landing Page
There are dozens of types of landing pages. You can have a squeeze page to get email addresses, a product review page, a product authority site. It doesn’t really matter what type of page you put together though – I want to focus on the specific elements that have worked for my affiliate landing pages – the pitch pages and review pages that ultimately send people off to the product that will net me a sale.
Here are a few things that every one of these pages should have in place to be effective:
• Clickable Images – In the first fold of the page, you should have a clickable image that relates to the product you’re marketing. Whether it’s a banner ad or graphic text, or just an image of the product niche, that image can attract image much more effectively than many of the other tools on the page.
• Clickable Links – Links should be placed in multiple locations throughout a review or a product pitch page. I like to have one link in the first fold so that readers have a specific option they can complete immediately. I also like to have one half way down the page and one at the bottom for those that read the entire page.
• Star Systems – Believe it or not, but the simplest little thing you can do to get people to click on those call to action links is to use an out of 5 star rating system for the products. People respond to star rating systems because they’ve been programmed by services like Amazon.com and iTunes to immediately recognize quality based on those 5 stars. Someone who doesn’t feel like reading the whole review and just wants an instant summary can get a lot of out of that star graphic.
• Alternate Options – This is a tricky one and will depend largely on the specific niche in which you are working. For the most part, though, I like to think that offering multiple options beyond the initial reviewed product is a good idea. Take the following site for example.
As you can see, I have built a review page, but at the bottom have placed additional, supplemental reviews that they may click on. The key here is to not make anything inferior. Show your readers that you are only reviewing the very best products. Having a review with a low star rating can actually lower conversion rates and can also make it harder to sell that product later when you try to boost you income rates through email marketing.
• Flying Popovers – A tremendously powerful tool is a flying popover – a small popup that appears on the screen after a set amount of time. These should only be used after 20-30 seconds, once the reader has been on the site for some time and is interested in what you have to offer. If you have it appear immediately, people have a habit of hitting the back button. If you wait though, you can encourage a direct action from someone that is already engaged in the site’s content and may be interested in a purchase. Additionally, when you ask for email addresses this way, you’ll get more real ones. Make sure not to use a popup box as these can hurt your site’s performance in the search engines.
• An Obvious Number 1 – On all your pages, it is a good idea to have an obvious number one choice. Even if you are producing an authority site with dozens of different articles on the site, use that clickable image on the top fold to showcase the premiere product review your site will be offering.
• Relevancy – When you promote your products, make sure to promote only the product that is most relevant to the content on that page. For example, if you have an article about Acne removal on a general health site, don’t put a product up for hair loss. The markets and needs are not the same. Think of each page on your website as its own entity that people may reach directly from a search engine link. Never assume someone will click on any other links on your page other than what you put directly in front of them.
There are a few other specific on-page things you can do to boost conversions as well that we will discuss when it comes to email marketing and some other advanced strategies, but these are some basics that all affiliate marketers should consider. The super affiliates all start with a solid foundation of these techniques and build up from there.
The FTC Regulations
In 2009, one of the biggest changes to Internet marketing since the CAN-SPAM act of 2003 was enacted by the Federal Trade Commission in the United States.
Affecting all US operated websites and markets, the regulations basically dictate that if you review a product, you either need to have used it yourself (and paid for it), or disclose that you are a marketer and are not qualified to offer industry specific advice. This might seem like a deal breaker for many affiliate opportunities, but in reality, it doesn’t do that much harm to your overall conversion rates.
To make sure you comply, just put a notice after each affiliate link (as shown below) that says you are an affiliate selling the product. You must make it clear that what they are reading is an advertisement and not an impartial review. Do not hide the text or place it on a disclaimer page. It needs to be up front with any calls to action.
Banner ads are less of a worry – those are considered obvious advertisements and most affiliate marketers worry less about them in terms of disclosure.
Search this site
- Why you need to start an online business, TODAY
- Why Stash Invest is STILL a Little BS, and Why I’m OKAY with It
- When is the best time to email your subscribers _JFxOzPARF8o
- When is the best time to email your subscribers
- WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY ABOUT ME
- Weird stealthy pricing strategy can boost your sales immediately
- Website traffic strategy gets almost 1,000 visitors day for free
- Web Traffic Checklist 9 Things to do After you Publish Content
- Want MASSIVE success online Build an authority website
- Viral Traffic How Your Blog Can Get Millions Of Hits
- TRYING BETTERMENT INVESTING AGAIN! Why Not, Right
- Traffic Challenge Days 3 5 300 website hits from social media
- Traffic Challenge Day 2 How I Got An Extra 100 Visitors With Forum Marketing
- Traffic Challenge Day 1 Get Do Follow Backlinks & Organic Traffic
- The Stash Invest Portfolio After 5 Weeks!
- The Stash Invest Portfolio After 2 Months!
- The Joseph Sugarman Framework for High Converting Sales Pages
- The fastest way to build your email list for free A lesson from Ray Edwards_iXvbhAHGk20
- The fastest way to build your email list for free A lesson from Ray Edwards
- The Blog Traffic Challenge Get More Blog Traffic (Hopefully)
- The bandwagon effect
- Supercharge Your Blog Post With NLP
- Stash Invest Vs. Acorns Investing TRUE TRIAL After 1 Week!
- Stash Invest Vs. Acorns (AUSTRALIA) WHICH HAS LOWER FEES
- Stash Invest IS NOT BS! An Updated Opinion
- Stash Invest HIGH PERFORMANCE Portfolio After 2 WEEKS!
- Stash Invest Experimental Portfolio After 1 Week!
- Stash Invest App Can you Make money using Stash Invest
- Stash Invest Account Update! Starting from Scratch
- Stash Invest Account After 7 Weeks!
- Stash Invest Account after 6 Weeks!
- Stash Invest Account 3 Week Update! Compared to the S&P 500
- Stash Invest WHY YOU MUST SCREEN FOR THE BEST ETFS!
- Shortcut to building trust with your customers
- Robinhood Vs. M1 Finance Which is better
- Robinhood App Vs. M1 Finance Which is Better
- Robinhood App Vs. EVERY OTHER INVESTMENT APP!
- Robinhood App My Portfolio Earning $30 Per Week! Future Portfolio Plans
- Robinhood App Earning ~$15 Per Week My Current Portfolio!
- Robinhood App Dividend Paying Stocks vs. Long Term Growth!
- Revisiting iBillionaire! Starting to Use the App Again
- REDUCING CRAZY STOCK MARKET RISK (How To Diversify With Dividend Stocks)
- QUICK Conversion Formula John Carlton’s Secret Recipe to Grab Instant Attention and Interest
- Part 9 Unlimited blog post ideas
- Part 8 How to sell digital products
- Part 7 How To Make Quick Sales With Tripwire Products
- Part 6 How to make an online course
- Part 5 Run your email list on autopilot
- Part 4 How to make a squeeze page
- Part 3 Make a Quick Lead Magnet to Build your List
- Part 11 Smart Email Campaigns Dynamic Behavioral Response
- Part 10 How to approach affiliates to promote your product
- Part 1 How to monetize your website
- Newbie Affiliate Marketing Blueprint
- Neil Charles Testimonial For Jeremiahs Consulting
- My Stash Invest MAX PROFITABILITY Portfolio After 3 WEEKS!
- My Stash Invest MAX PROFIT Portfolio After 3.5 Months!
- My Stash Invest Max Profit Portfolio After 15 Weeks What do you want to see next
- My Stash Invest MAX PROFIT Portfolio After 13 Weeks!
- My Stash Invest MAX PROFIT Portfolio After 1 Month!
- My Investment Portfolio Vs. The S&P 500
- My DIVIDEND PORTFOLIO Stock Allocation Strategy (Investing For Dividends)
- My controversial secret for high converting sales copy_Elq1fMeZnKM
- My controversial secret for high converting sales copy
- My Betterment Account after 1 MONTH!
- My Acorns Portfolio After 15 Weeks Future Suggestions for the Account
- My Acorns Highly Aggressive Portfolio After 3.5 Months!
- My Acorns Aggressive Portfolio After 7 Weeks!
- My Acorns AGGRESSIVE Portfolio After 5 Weeks!
- My Acorns Aggressive Portfolio After 2 MONTHS!
- My Acorns Aggressive Portfolio After 13 Weeks!
- My Acorns Account After Around 4 MONTHS!
- MY #3 FAVORITE STOCK OF ALL TIME (Nobody Guessed This Dividend Paying Stock)
- My #1 TIP for EARNING MORE with CRYPTOCURRENCY!
- My #1 Favorite Dividend Stock of All Time (If I Could Only Own 1 Dividend Stock)
- My #1 Embarrassing Life Challenge & How It Influenced My Dividend Investing Strategy
- M1 finance App Initial Impressions!
- M1 FINANCE APP FEES REDUCED! Now Free Under $1000
- M1 Finance App What Stocks can You Buy with M1 Finance
- M1 Finance App IS IT A SCAM
- Lesson 3 Building An Email List For Long Term Results Part 3
- Lesson 2 update 2 the Next Morning YouTube Ads CPA
- Lesson 2 Part 5 Setting Up The YouTube Channel Correctly
- lesson 2 Intro Of Setting Up An YouTube Paid Ad
- lesson 1 Part 3 Of Setting Up An YouTube Ad
- lesson 1 Part 2 Of Setting Up An YouTube Paid Ad
- IS STASH INVEST A SCAM (OUTDATED Check Desc. For Update!)
- INVESTING TAXES EXPLAINED Dividend Vs. Growth Investing
- Investing THE MOST PROFITABLE ETFs ON STASH INVEST!
- Investing Tesla Vs. Every Major Car Manufacturer Who Wins
- Investing My Portfolio Earning ~$5 Per Day! $7,200 Setup
- Investing My Portfolio Earning $20 a Month in Dividends!
- Investing HIGH dividends vs. low dividends Update!
- Investing Earning with Growth For the Investing Puritan!
- Investing Earning with $1000! Stock Portfolio Concept with FAANG ETFs
- Investing Earning with $10! Micro Cap Portfolio Idea
- Investing Earning money with Technology Stocks!
- Investing Earning $90 Per Week My Investment Portfolio!
- Investing Earning $73 Per Week My $14,000 Stock Portfolio!
- Investing Earning $60 Per Week My $13,000 Portfolio!